We have been having some very hot days here lately (100+ degrees)! I have always been an accessories girl, but summer is always challenging to me because I do not want anything extra that will make the high temperatures any more uncomfortable. I have always struggled with finding that perfect item to keep my accessory loving self happy without overheating.
So, if you are an accessory loving girl like me and you struggle with finding the perfect accessory to wear that won’t make you more uncomfortable in the summer heat, your search has ended! I have gathered up my favorites to share with you!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you shop from my blog, I may be compensated for clicks or purchases that you make.
- The first thing I always make sure I have right before it begins to heat up is a (or 2) cute pair of sandals. I love that there are so many fun sandals to choose from! I used to be the girl who would go to Old Navy and purchase every color of flip-flops during their sale. To this day…I can’t stand wearing flip-flops! (It’s not Old Navy, I LOVE shopping there, it’s their flip-flops!) I will wear them to the pool or at the beach, but the rest of the time, I would way rather be wearing one of my cute sandals. I feel so much more put together when I am wearing sandals. Yes, they cost a bit more than the cheap foam flip-flops, but they will probably last you longer. I love these gold ones (similar for less | similar) and these fringe sandals (they are on sale!) (similar | similar).
- One of the easiest summer accessories is to wear a bright nail polish! I love trying out new colors and this summer I went with a bright orange (something I NEVER would have tried before) and I actually LOVED it! It is just a fun way to add a little extra pop of color to your summer wardrobe. I’ve been constantly wearing Essie’s Peach Daiquiri (I also love this coral!)
- Another thing that I never leave the house without are my sunglasses! It is really important to protect your eyes from the sun, but it is also a fun way to add a little style to your outfit. I really have the hardest time finding sunglasses that I love, so I only have two that I love right now and I like switching up which ones I wear. (similar | similar)
- A necklace is not usually something I will wear in the summer just because it is so hot that I feel like it ends up sticking to me. But I will occasionally grab one. I have been loving my bright turquoise necklace lately. I couldn’t find this exact one from Loft, but I did find a similar one.
- Lately, I have been getting more into wearing hats! I love my floppy hat especially for beach or pool days. But I never really felt comfortable wearing it out and about with my everyday clothing. Then I found this adorable straw fedora and I love it! I love that I can cover up my messy unwashed hair ;), that it shades my face from the sun, and that it looks so beachy and summery. It goes with basically everything I own, which makes it a perfect accessory in my mind! (Similar floppy | this “mermaid” one is adorable! Similar fedora)
- Lastly, is not something I would wear on an everyday basis, but I think it is still important to add in my summer must haves. A cute bathing suit cover up! I grabbed this lacy white one from Target last summer, but I have linked a similar one for you. I love having a cute cover up to wear at the beach or at a pool party.
And there you have it! My seven summer accessory must haves! What would you add to this list? Comment below and let me know. 🙂