Hello everyone! This weeks post is a little different because I was nominated by two lovely bloggers for the Liebster Award! This award is given by bloggers to other bloggers. It is a fun way to discover new blogs and maybe discover someone that you love following! I have loved Instagram for this very purpose! I have found so many bloggers both new and more experienced who have been so friendly and supportive of my blogging journey.
I was nominated by “P” Jeanne from Finding Pure Happiness and Caitiln from Caitlin’s Beauty Closet. Both of these lovely ladies I have “met” though Instagram and I love following them to see what they are up to! 🙂
P. Jeanne has such an awesome story about why she began her fitness journey and she has an adorable little girl!
Caitlin is adorable! She blogs about fashion and motherhood and she also has such a cute daughter. Thank you ladies for the nomination!
Questions from Caitlin:
- (a) What would your advice be to a young mama who wanted to start a blog? Do it! After months of debating if I should start a blog, I finally did and I am loving it! It is such a fun creative outlet for me. I always loved reading other blogs and only hope that I might inspire other women the way that other bloggers have inspired me! (b) Is it worth it with already so many other blogs out there? Yes! You are unique and what you have to say is unique. It can feel overwhelming since there are SO MANY bloggers out there, but that shouldn’t stop YOU from sharing with the world what is on YOUR mind!
- What was your biggest fashion/beauty blunder? Bright pink blush in high school… think clown…enough said!
- Do you have a favorite meal you make for your family? Anything in the crockpot! But my favorite go-to is my Italian husband’s family secret spaghetti recipe! 😉
- Who is your style inspiration? I absolutely LOVE Kate from The Small Things Blog! We both love gray and stripes!! I love stocking her Instagram account for style inspiration! 😉
- If you had to live in a past decade, which would you choose and why? The 20s!!! I love the fashion and the music and the dancing! 🙂
- What is your favorite scent? I love lavender! I just recently got into defusing essential oils and lavender is my FAVORITE! A close second is peppermint!
- If you didn’t blog what other hobby or activity would you replace it with? It is a toss up between doing lots of reading or being all housewifey and experimenting in the kitchen! I have also always wanted to learn how to sew and make my own clothes.
- What is your favorite holiday and do you have any traditions that make it special? I love Christmas! I love it because of all the memories I have associated with Christmas. I love the music, the lights, the decorations, the smells,…basically everything! (Except the idea of Santa…seems a little creepy to me…”he sees you when you’re sleeping”…um…ok…creepy much?!?) As for traditions, we love going to our church’s Christmas Eve service, baking, dancing around the living room to Christmas music (oh, well, that’s just me 😉 ), and watching “Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown”!
- If you could have a vacation home anywhere, where would it be? This is a hard question… I love the beach, but I also love the mountains! I don’t think I would want to have a home in just one place. I enjoy going to different places because there is so much to see and explore!
- Was pregnancy or delivery easier for you? I had a very easy pregnancy. I didn’t even get very sick. I would get nauseous, but if I ate then I would feel better. I had a natural delivery with the help of my amazing friend and doula, but it was very hard! I had ONLY back labor…the whole time! So all of the pain coping positions I practiced were extremely uncomfortable/painful. I ended up sitting on the side of the bed most of the time because anything else hurt. And it was almost 25 hours!! So I would definitely say pregnancy was MUCH easier than the delivery.
- What’s your guilty pleasure tv show? I love The Bachelor. Other than that, I just watch random shows on Netflix. I enjoy a good mystery or lawyer type show. I have also been getting into more doctor (ish) shows. But I still get nauseous if they show anything involving blood or cuts. Haha!
Questions from P. Jeanne:
- What is your all time favorite snack food? Popcorn!!
- If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be? Either a black and white stripped shirt or a soft gray v-neck tee with skinny jeans and brown booties.
- Where is your dream place to live? I don’t really have a specific place, more of a house. I would love a place that I can raise my family in. I’ve always dreamed of a nice kitchen that the kids could all fit in as we bake and a nice dining area where we eat dinner together and play board games at. I would love a garden type backyard with fruits and vegetables that we grow and eat, along with TONS of flowers and maybe even a river/waterfall. I haven’t put much thought into it at all…. 😉
- What was your most memorable trip? For our first anniversary, my husband and I took a trip driving down Pacific Coast Highway. We stopped at many different places that we had planned ahead of time and anything that we saw along the way that looked interesting. We explored different beaches, went hiking, walked around small towns, went stand up paddle boarding, and many other things! It was so fun! On our last night (our actual anniversary) we stayed in a really nice studio hotel room. They had everything you could need in the kitchen and we made a run to the local grocery store and stocked up on some items for dinner. We made a HUGE omelet for dinner (that we shared), sipped on mimosas, and sat by the in-room fireplace and dreamed about our future.
- What blog post are you most proud of? I still really like my very first post “Being a Mom”
- What is your dream vehicle? I am very much happy with my car I have now. 🙂 I do however always point out when a baby blue mustang convertible drives by! My husband knows I like them and is kind enough to point them out if I don’t see them.
- If you could meet one person, who would it be? The very first blogger that I actually began faithfully following, Kate from The Small Things Blog. She seems so fun and has an awesome sense of humor! I would LOVE to have her do my hair! She’s amazing!! 🙂
- What’s your favorite TV show? That is hard…I have a lot that I enjoy, but I always get super excited when Netflix updates (yeah, I don’t really watch them on regular TV…I just wait for Netflix) Pretty Little Liars or Vampire Diaries. (You know, good quality television… ha!)
- What’s the funniest thing your kid(s) have done? Hmm, I don’t know if it is the FUNNIEST, but my son freaks out over my hair. He LOVES it! So when I’m nursing him, anytime he stops nursing, he will smile, scrunch up his nose, start laughing, and grab onto my hair and try to eat it!…..ok, kiddo… 😉
- If you could be one person for a day who would you be? Hmm, someone who lives or is staying at a relaxing resort and has all sorts of relaxing spa appointments planned for that day! 😉
- What’s your goal/dreams for your blog? Honestly, I started my blog because I had a lot on my mind and thought it would be a good outlet for me. I have always loved writing (so long as it wasn’t a forced homework assignment 😉 ) It isn’t my goal to “make it big” and become the next major blogger. I simply hope that maybe someone might be inspired or that something I say might help someone struggling with something.
Samantha: Command and Pamper
Kelly: Lovely and Littles
Katie: Married Single Mama
Anna: Annie’s Aprons
Questions for my lovely nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What was your favorite part about being pregnant?
- What is your favorite snack?
- How do you relax at the end of a long day?
- What is your least favorite household chore?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is your most embarrassing mommy moment?
- What hobbies do you enjoy (other than blogging)?
- What fashion fad do you dislike the most?
- What is your go-to nail polish color?
- If you could meet anyone (past or present) who would it be?
Post guidelines for nominees
- Writing a blog post about your nomination + displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you + include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person assigned for you.
- Nominate 5 -11 other new bloggers who you think deserve this award.
- Come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these guidelines in your blog post.
I hope you have fun answering these questions!
Thanks for stopping by!